Mr. Indra Prasad Adhikari with Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS) from Tribhuvan University is Chief Librarian of Tribhuvan University central library which is one of the largest and well known libraries in Nepal. His extensive dedication in library development and its infrastructure for education sector since 20 years is remarkable journey of his professional career with noteworthy action for CTEVT, BPKIHS University and other reputed institutions.
He is also active writer and published many books and articles, especially his books for children were his prominent contribution in Nepalese context and his professional publications have gained influences of his national and international scope of Canada, Singapore, Thailand, China, Sri-Lanka, Bhutan and India.
Mr. Adhikari is also involved in different organisation as in different institutional capacity:
- President : Nepal Library Association 2019
- President: NeLIC (Nepal Library and Information Consortium) 2017
- Member secretary, Tribhuvan University Library Development Committee 2018
- Member-secretary, Tribhuvan University Library Development Special Committee 2018
- Chairman, NepJOL (Nepal Journals Online) 2017
- Life member: Nepal Library Association, Membership # 1000112
- Life member: Nepal Society for children’s literature.
Published Books and Articles:
- Library books:
a. Library and Resource Centres: Management and Operation), 428 pages, 3rd edition 2016 August, LIMISEC Kathmandu. (ISBN: 978-9937-8067-1-8),
b. Glossary & Biographical dictionary of Library and Information Science) published in February 2017; ISBN : 978-9937-8067-2-5),
2. Professional articles on Library management: More than 100 articles already published till now
3. Children’s literature: 16 picture books for children in Nepali language) Already published from various publishers, viz. Sajha Prakashan, Ratna Pustak Bhandar, Ekta prakashan, Room to Read, Kathalaya, Makalu pubn, Heritage pubn. etc.
Indra Prasad Adhikari (2019), Time: 12:50PM