The Centre for Economic Development and Administration (CEDA) was established ( May 15, 1969) under a tripartite agreement between His Majesty’s Government of Nepal, Tribhuvan University and the Ford Foundation as an autonomous institution. The centre was later integrated into TU and given the status of an institute on December 15, 1975 after the National Education System Plan (NESP) which has been serving as a policy-research centre contributing towards the national development policies and strategies. It’s activities are basically related to research, consultancy and training programs .
- To help the policy makers for formulate and implement the development policies, plans and programmes.
- To provide conceptual, empirical and value premise to make the shape of development policies, plans and programmes.
- To provide the policy makers /alternative policies, ideas and options
- To help different agencies of the TU in their diverse programmes and to develop their roles in national development
- To involve with international collaboration in the study and pursuit of development changes.
CEDA is presently a networking member of the following international institutions.
- Trade and Investment intercourse in South Asia, South East Asia, Trade and Investment Division, ESCAP, Bangkok.
- Development Information Network for South Asia (DEVINSA), Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Thematic Node for South and Central Asia, Networking of Environment Training Institutes at Tertiary Level in Asia and the Pacific (NETTLAP), and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Member: BIMSTEC Network of Think Tanks
- Partner Institute: World Economic
- Forum, Geneva, Switzerland
- Focal Point: SAARC Network
Dr. Arun Kumar Thakur
Executive Director, CEDA
Phone: (977-1) 4331721
Fax: (977-1) 4331722
Postal: Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal, P.O.Box 797
 The Centre for Economic Development and Administration (CEDA), Retrieved from: http://tribhuvan-university.edu.np/research-centers/centre-for-economic-development-and-administration-ceda, Retrieved Date: 8, August, 2019, Time: 12:35 pm