National Innovation Center is a company not distributing Profit which is organized on the 9th, November, 2012 pursuant to sub-section (1) of section 5 of the Companies Act, 2006. NIC Research and Development facility is located at Kirtipur, Kathmandu in the premises of Tribhuwan University and registered address is at Shivabhakta Marg, 304, Lazimpat, Kathmandu Nepal. It is led by great visionary of Nepal : Dr. Mahabir Pun (Chairperson).
Vision and Mission:
It’s vision is to make Nepal an economically rich nation through innovation and advancement of technology and it’s mission is to utilize skills of talented Nepali in the area of technology and innovation in order to innovate/ produce new things and activity which will eventually help in reducing trade deficits there by making Nepal an economically rich nation.
National Innovation Center to make Nepal an economically developed country
- To run a National Innovation Centre and to increase employment opportunities in the nation by advancements of technology and innovation
- To stop brain drain by providing maximum opportunities to creative and talented youth in the nation
- To create a database of information relating to innovation and resource personnel having such information
- To create an easy mechanism for promotion and marketing of inventions
- To help in registering patents right, copyright and trademark rights of new innovations
- To establish work relations with educational and business institutions for economic development of the country
- To co-ordinate and co-operate with other national and international organizations having same objective as ours
Dr. Mahabir Pun (Chairperson-NIC)
Dr. Dinesh Bhuju (Board Member-NIC)
Dr. Pramod Dhakal
Mr. Hari Kumar Silwal