Pokhara University (PU) (1997) was established under the Pokhara University Act, 1997. The Honorable Prime Minister and the Honorable Minister for Education of the Federal Democratic Republic Nepal are the Chancellor and the Pro-Chancellor. The Chancellor appoints the Vice Chancellor and the principal executive officer of the university. It is a non-profit autonomous institution and partly funded by the Government of Nepal and partly by revenues from its students and affiliated colleges .
- Produce adept human resource in science and technology, humanities and management, and law and education for nation building
- Encourage the participation of private sectors in higher education through extension programs
- Create healthy, disciplined, result-oriented academic environment that focuses on higher education
- Promote competitive and quality higher education through fair competition
- Accelerate socio-economic transformation in line with community services
- To be a good leader in the promotion of academic area through quality higher education, health and community service.
- Develop the institution into a Center of Excellence for Higher Education by upgrade teaching, learning and research activities
- To link the university system with community services
- Unfold the potential and creativity of learners, advocating humanism, reason, innovation, and search for truth
 Pokhara University ( 2019), URL: https://pu.edu.np/, Time: 6:35 pm