Hello All, my name is Suyogya Man Banepali , Happiness Engineer @Who is Who Nepal. Every one wants to be happy but do we really know what make us happy. In this quest, I have read lot of blogs and books and discovered amazing facts. Please spend your 5 minutes and read the below summary to understand the science of human happiness.
YOGA makes you happy. Service to others without any return make you happy. Just being with family make you happy. Read below to understand the scientific reason : WHY?
LITTLE BACKGROUND :
As I sat in the park after my morning walk, my wife came and slumped next to me.
She had completed her 30-minute jog.
We chatted for a while. She said she is not happy in life. I looked up at her sheer disbelief since she seemed to have the best of everything in life.
“Why do you think so?”
“I don’t know. Everyone tells I have everything needed, but I am not happy.
“Then I questioned myself, am I happy? “No,” was my inner voice reply.
Now, that was an eye-opener for me. I began my quest to understand the real cause of my unhappiness.
I dug deeper, read articles, spoke to life coaches but nothing made sense.
At last my doctor friend gave me the answer which put all my questions and doubts to rest.
I implemented those and will say I am a lot happier person.
****Source : Stories copied from YOG Shadak ****
SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION :
There are 4 Hormones that determines your happiness :
It is important we understand these hormones, as we need all four of them to stay happy.
- When we exercise, the body releases Endorphins.
- This hormone helps the body cope with the pain of exercising.
- We then enjoy exercising because these Endorphins will make us happy.
- Laughter is another good way of generating Endorphins.
- We need to spend 30 minutes exercising every day, read or watch funny stuff to get our day’s dose of Endorphins.
- In our journey of life, we accomplish many little and big tasks, it releases various levels of Dopamine.
- When we get appreciated for our work at the office or at home, we feel accomplished and good, that is because it releases Dopamine.
- This also explains why most housewives are unhappy since they rarely get acknowledged or appreciated for their work.
- Once, we join work, we buy a car, a house, the latest gadgets, a new house so forth. In each instance, it releases Dopamine and we become happy.
Now, do we realise why we become happy when we shop?
- It is released when we act in a way that benefits others.
- When we transcend ourselves and give back to others or to nature or to the society, it releases Serotonin.
- Even providing useful information on the internet like writing information blogs, answering peoples questions on Facebook groups will generate Serotonin.
- That is because we will use our precious time to help other people via our answers or articles.
- It is released when we become close to other human beings.
- When we hug our friends or family Oxytocin is released.
- The *”Jadoo Ki Jhappi” from Munnabhai does really work.
- Similarly, when we shake hands or put our arms around someone’s shoulders, various amounts of Oxytocin is released.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO RIGHT AWAY
Exercise Every Day ( Join YOGA club or morning walk )
Accomplish Little Goals ( Read books, Visit places )
Be NICE to others even if they are not
Hug our Kids, Friends, and Families
RESULT of these acts :
When we are happy, we can deal with our challenges and problems better. 🙂
Now, do you understand why we need to hug people who has a bad mood.
IF YOU WANT HAPPINESS, START WITH YOUR CHILD
1. Motivate him to play on the ground -Endorphins
2. Appreciate your child for his small big achievements -Dopamine
3. Inculcate sharing habit through you to your child -Serotonin
4. Hug your child – Oxytocin
*******Have a Happy and Meaningful Life******.