KATHMANDU, September 1 — 12th Library Day closing ceremony with all stakeholders of library sector in Nepal was celebrated at Russian Culture Centre, Kathmandu to promote reading culture in society. Chief guest Mr. Girirajmani Pokherel, Minister of Education, Science and Technology stressed a need of innovation in National Library of Nepal which will be example for the nation to replicate in federal state. As he stated that the ministry has set priorities to cultivate reading culture from school establishing library, book corner and digital library in schools of Nepal.
The event has addressed the work of veteran in library sector and marked successful event with recognising people in the event.
The event was concluded with vote of remarks of secretary of the ministry.
Theme : “पठन संस्कृतिको पूर्वाधार : पुस्तकालयको बिकाश र विस्तार “
|What||12th Library Day Celebration|
|When||आइतबार, भदौ १५ ( Sunday, September 1, 2019 )|
|Place||Russian center of Science and Culture, Kamal Pokhari, Kathmandu|
|Time||9AM – 10AM|
|Chief Guest||Mr. Girirajmani Pokharel, Minister of Education, Science and Technology|
- More Libraries to be established under the ministry of education.
- In every federal state of Nepal, they should include at least 2 libraries.
- More focus towards the Digital Library and facilitating the concerned groups.
- Library should be introduced inside jails too.
- National Library of Nepal will soon open for all public.
- Asia Foundation launched a digital app : Asia’s free digital library for children
Activities and History of Library Day in Nepal
Presentation and Experience Sharing Event on 12th Library Day Blood Donation Programme on 12th Library Day Program on Research Paper Writing on 12th Library Day 8th Library Day in Nepal : September 1, 2015 9th Library Day in Nepal : August 31, 2016 10th Library Day in Nepal : 31 August 2017 12th Library Day in Nepal : 1 September 2019