Kaisel Library was established by Late Kaiser Shumsher as his private library. Kaiser Shumsher was interested in collecting books, antiques, animal trophies, paintings and photographs since early age. As a result of all these valuable collections, Kaiser Library is not only a library but also a small museum in itself. During his life time the library was accessible only for his family members, noteable Nepalese scholars and foreigner. Since 1969, library has been running under the Ministry of Education. The Kaiser library has more than sixty thousand books, documents, periodicals and manuscripts. It is rich in the collection of rare books, manuscripts, painting, photographs, animal trophies etc. This library is known as one of the best libraries in the country from historical and archaeological point of view.
The Kaiser Collection contains approximately Twenty Eight Thousand volumes of books and documents that cover a wide range of subjects like philosophy, religion, astronomy, social science, military science, game, hunting, gardening, medicine, literature, history and biography. Kaiser Library has a subscription of forty three titles of newspapers and journals in a year.
- Kaiser collection
- General Collection
- Manuscripts Collection
- New Collection (Books from Nepali Medium and Books from English Medium)
- Children Corner
- Periodicals Collection
• To provide library and information services to general public
• To collect new books and other educational materials like periodicals, reports, etc
• To organize training, workshops and seminars to develop the libraries in Nepal
• To coordinate with national and international libraries through networking
• To preserve and conserve all the library collections including rare books
• To promote reading habit providing peaceful environment
• To facilitate in quality education.
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Sunday to Thursday)
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (16 Kartik to 15 Magh)
10:00 am to 3:00 pm (Friday)
(Library is closed on Saturday and other government holidays.)
Mr. Dashrath Mishra
Chief Library (Under Secretary)
Kaiser Library (2019), URL: http://www.klib.gov.np, Time: 3:7
Note: This profile has been shifted to Callmandu.com exploring community engagement. Thank you for visiting us.