Tribhuvan University Library (TUCL) was established in1959 AD is the largest library in the nation with approximately 400,000 volumes of documents. Since, 2000 it has been designated as the “National Agency for ISBN” (International Standard Book Number)to distribute ISBN numbers to the writers and publishers for their forthcoming books and has been working as the UNO’s depository library for Nepal since 1964. Similarly, it has also started distributing cataloguing-in Publication (CIP) service to the Nepalese publishers since 2009. It has the e-resources that is the composed JSTOR, Project MUSE, and NepJOL. Students, Teachers and Administrative can be member of the TUCL and the library also accepts private membership as well for all Nepalese and foreigners. Library .
Objective of the Library:
- To fulfill the teaching and research needs of the University.
- To provide materials both in conventional and e-formats and furnish an environment conducive to study & research.
- To encourage membership and promote information literacy, readership and life-long learning.
- To promote resource sharing, networking and exchange of databases.
- To provide documentation and information services and bring out relevant publications.
- To help develop libraries and promote standards, guidelines and best practices.
- To promote professional expertise in information management and conduct training
Type of library:
- conversational library
- Book Transaction
- Document Delivery Service
- Content Services
- Press Clipping
- Internet & Email
- User Education Service
- Reference Service
- Photocopy Service
- Information Literacy Unit
- Opening hour: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM (summer)
- Opening hour: 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM(winter)
 Tribhuvan University Central Library, Retrieved From: URL: http://www.tucl.org.np , Retrieved Date: 29, July, 2019, Retrieved Time: 5:31pm
Note: This profile has been shifted to Callmandu.com exploring community engagement. Thank you for visiting us.